Friday, March 6, 2009

Such a BIG Day!




Big doesn't fully describe our day but it is a start. We went to the Y this morning and played with Aynsley and Preston. Ava got to play with the basketballs and run around the gym. Then she saw something that made her say one of my favorite phrases "Oh, neat!" as she saw a bunch of people playing volleyball in a gym nearby. Ava had never seen volleyball being played - she is a big fan!

Today Ava pooped in her potty - this is a first. A big first for Mommy because I have been very frustrated by this potty training process. She got a sticker and a Hershey kiss (yes, I am stooping lower than I had wanted to get her on that potty!) and lots of hugs and kisses from mommy. She was then supposed to go upstairs and take a nap, but the potty training really keyed her up and she couldn't sleep. In all of her excitement she lost her nuk - her beloved nuk - and mommy tossed her room looking for it but couldn't find it anywhere. After a really long afternoon of screaming for her lost nuk, mommy decided that the nuk would never be found - if you know what I mean. Tonight at bed she never even asked for it! Kevin and I were pretty shocked.

I also included a picture of Ava feeding Ella - that happened when I got up from feeding Ella to get a glass of water. I turned around and Ava had taken my place! I grabbed the camera and got this shot! :) She is such a good helper and Ella loves her big sister!!

Ella was a little cutie today. She is really wanting to crawl but is still working on the logistics. Regardless of her ability to crawl she is getting where she wants to be. I think she is having discomfort from her top teeth but so far Tylenol is working.

The weather is getting nicer and we are looking forward to getting out to enjoy it soon!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Oh so very sweet! Potty success and a replacement feeder for Ella! Awesome day indeed! I'm so glad it went so well!!